Thursday, December 18, 2008

And life slowly returns to normal

Well as normal as our life can be anyways. I went back to work last night. My fellow RN's were wonderful and wouldn't let me do anything (I wonder if that will last until August?). It was only an 8 hour shift so we will see how this weekend goes. I have another beta tomorrow morning, can't wait to hear the #. I am 100% sure I am only having 1, I will be shocked if my us on the 5th shows 2...don't know why I just have a feeling. I also think it's another boy, so I've begun calling him Brady already : ) I wonder if the new baby will look like Logan? I'm pretty confident all is okay and will continue to go well...

Dh is on vacation for 2 weeks...I'm already bored. It's supposed to snow a ton again tonight, they are saying up to a foot! And then another big storm is expected on Saturday. I hope it starts AFTER I'm at work, I hate driving in this crap!

So last night Brian told his mother I will not be attending Christmas this year. I have to work Christmas Eve, and with all of the BS that has gone on with his sister and his brother's wife all year, I don't feel comfortable around them. I know it's all a big cheesy fake act and I'm tired of it. They are rude and inconsiderate, and I just refuse to have the stress. I am done being the bigger person, I've tried endlessly (I actually have!) and I am fed up with it. His mom of course was all upset, but he actually stuck up for me, explained my reasons, and explained that he totally understands where I am coming from...he even pointed out things to her that I've pointed out to him that I thought he just blew off! I hate that this is what it's come too, I hate that my BIL's stupid ass "wife" has caused such unfixable damage among me and my IL's, and that Brian has to be put in the middel of it. I don't see it getting better, the point we've come to I really think that we will have contact with his parents, and he mayeb with his siblings at holidays, but they disinclude him from their lives anyways so it's not really like he's losing out on much. I feel bad for him, but liek I said if that's how your family treats you...what kin dof family is that?? I hope his Mom doesn't turn this into another battle.

My mom isn't having Christmas this year, everybodys logistics are all screwed up. I'm pretty bummed out about it : ( I'm pretty sure on Christmas I will come home, open gifts and have breakfast with Brian and Logan, take a nap, go serve dinner to the less fortunate at the church, then go see Marley & Me. I loved the book so I'm really excited, plus I love Jennifer Aniston. Maybe I will ask Mom if she wants to join me for the movie. It will suck with Brian adn Logan gone, but I don't want his parents to not see Logan so I'm making him go. Ahhhh...isn't the holiday wonderful? Aren't families the best? I shouldn't say that...mine really is pretty great : )

No comments: